As a student, you have a number of resources available to you on campus and online. The links below direct you to people, documents, and other resources that can help you with many different aspects of the writing process.
- Plassmann Writing Center. The Writing Center offers writing instruction and mentoring through one-on-one sessions. You can visit the Writing Center at any stage of the writing process and for any writing assignment.
- Friedsam Memorial Library @StBonaventure. Our library site can help you with research and citations, and it provides an opportunity to chat with librarians online about your research and writing questions.
- Campus Computer Labs. Need a place to write? There are a number of labs available to you around campus.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL). The Purdue OWL offers resources and information that will help you with questions and concerns related to the writing process, citations, academic writing, research, style, mechanics, grammar, and other aspects of writing.
- Writing Center Handouts. A number of writing centers at institutions across the country offer handouts that address issues similar to those taken up at the Purdue OWL. Here is a brief list: UT Austin, UNC Chapel Hill, Hamilton, Amherst, and Swathmore.
- “Writing in College” from the University of Chicago. UC’s thoughts on college writing translate well to writing at Bonaventure. This guide offers thoughts on the writing process and the transition from high school to college writing.