This assignment gives you an opportunity to reflect on the work you have done this semester and to assess and evaluate your learning and development. To complete the Final, you should address the following prompts.
2) Compile and look over all of the work you’ve done this semester: the initial Learning Record interview and personal reflection, the Learning Record Midterm, project work, supplementary writing, observations, etc.
3) Write a reflection (1800-2500 words) that examines and demonstrates your development so far this semester. Your paper should address the following questions and prompts.
- How have you developed with reference to the dimensions of learning and course strands? Keep in mind that development doesn’t have to be “positive.” Development can involve confusion, trying and failing, etc., just as much as it involves success. Be sure to point to specific examples from your work and observations to support and provide evidence for your development.
- Where was your work most and least successful this semester? What made this work particularly effective or ineffective? What were the main comments you received on your work, whether from project collaborators, peers, your instructor, or other outside help? What steps did you take to address these comments?
- How would you describe the efforts you made in this class? Consider both the amount of effort you put into the course and how productive and effective this effort was. How much time did you spend on different work? Which efforts felt most productive and effective? Least so?
- In your last paragraph, you should evaluate yourself using specific grading criteria and explain the reasoning behind your evaluation. Give yourself a specific letter grade (feel free to use + or – grades if you fit between two different categories) and explain why this grade is appropriate.
4) Email your Learning Record Midterm to me.